Seri

Default SDS - DeWalt or Makita & Difference between SDS & SDS Plus

Both the DeWalt and the Makita that I'm looking at have a rotary stop
function (or at least the websites say they do).

"G&M" wrote in message

"Seri" wrote in message
So there I am, just about ready to buy a power planer (as asked about in

the
group earlier) when temptation overcomes me and I decide to bite the

bullet
and get an SDS drill whilst I'm at it. I do need one and it will be

getting
a fair ammount or use around the house during my rewire.

After perusing the ScrewFix and Toolstation websites I pretty much have

it
down to a choice of two:
Makita 2kg SDS - 780w - 1100rpm - 4500bpm - 2.4kg = £120
DeWalt 2kg SDS Plus - 650w - 1100rpm - 4200bpm - 2.4kg = £110

Neither - get the slightly more expensive 2kg DeWalt (the 566 ?) with the
rotary stop function. Essential for chiselling blocks in half, removing
plaster or knocking the odd wall down when the warranty people aren't
looking :-)