Prometheus

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message ...
Say what? You're gonna need wood for turning aren't you?

I've got some 9/4 Basswood earmarked for learning to turn. Seems like
a foolish idea to use the rarest and most expensive wood I've got the
first time I turn my lathe on! I've got a bunch of other wood to work
through first, that mesquite is being saved until I've either got a
better bandsaw for resawing it into veneer, or have refined my turning
skill enough to be sure it's not going to be a total waste.

Barry

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On 3 Dec 2004 05:59:57 -0800, (Gary DeWitt) wrote:

I'm not sure if I'll need the stability or not, since I've got 120# of
steel tubing (to be filled with concrete for even greater wieght) and
about 70# of Mesquite earmarked for making the lathe stand, but I'm
sure it can't hurt anything, either! But I also can't afford to get
a good set of turning tools until after the hollidays