billg billg is offline
Junior Member

I really appreciate your time posting this information. We have the same machine 4104200 it is 3.5 yrs old and has just started leaking. It is also leaking along the middle drum seam on the right hand side. Tightening the bolts did not fix the problem.

I will order a new gasket and install it - It looks like a fairly time consuming to take off all of the springs, shocks and motor. Taking out the entire drum seems like a good idea - my first guess was to take off just the back half but like the idea of removing the drum and being able to better access to the nuts plus the ability to use a torque wrench.

I am really impressed with the construction of the machine - the designers went to a lot of trouble to isolate the vibration and to re-enforce wiring harnesses and hoses that are effected by the vibration. It has been a long time since I have taken something a part and was so impressed by the simple but well thoughout design.

Thanks again,
Bill G.

PS I hope the new gasket will last longer than 3.5 yrs.