willshak

On 12/5/2004 1:48 AM US(ET), John took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message

snip

The cost of excavation has to include digging next to an existing
unreinforced wall without colapsing it; excavating one large enough to
accomodate working room and the angle of repose of the earch;
disposing of the extra earth.

I understand that. Excavating will be done by a pro.

I could be wrong, but you shouldn't have any problems with collapsing the
existing foundation. Once the subfloor is in, which yours has been for ~50
years, an effective box is created. That's why it's normally advised to not
backfill until the subfloor is installed. Just don't hit the wall with the
hoe.

What about the current joist ends and exterior walls that rely upon the
existing foundation for support?