Mike Marlow

"Pat" wrote in message
I am in Australia, thats why I have asked for Metric. I really have no

idea
about imperial.
What I need is a formula for the angle of the stringers with the drops to
the treads etc.
I have built two sets so far but neither have a 'comfortable feel' to

them.

Forget formulas and angles Pat. DAGS for framing squares and steps.
There's some sites out there that will give you all the info you need to use
a framing square to lay out stairs. Basically, it's rise over run.
Typically, somewhere in the 7" range is what's comfortable for most people,
for the rise. The run should be at least that, and typically more... maybe
in the 10" range. I've heard it said that rise and run should total 17, but
I don't go by that myself. I prefer a bit more tread so that it feels more
like a walk than a step, but that's my preference.

--

-Mike-