Gunner

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 01:13:54 GMT, Richard Ferguson
wrote:

Lots of posts, but I will add a little.

Stores do not seem to carry the top of the line Dremel, which has
electronic speed control, and holds it's speed under load.

The mini (1/8 inch chuck) air tools (Dremel equivalent) often turn
50,000 RPM or so, higher than any Dremel. Most of the grinding wheels,
cutoff wheels, etc, are probably not rated for 50,000 RPM, and might
explode.

My favorite bits on a Dremel or a die grinder are carbide burrs, remove
even steel quickly.

I use the 1/4 inch chuck die grinders very often, they are very
impressive, much more powerful than a Dremel. I have a Makita electric
that I love, like an oversized dremel.

Richard

In my service truck, I keep the Ryobi version of the Dremel. 5 speeds.
Ive been using it weekly for about 4 yrs now and still runs like a
champ.

Gunner

SteveB wrote:
I want a Dremel tool. Should I buy a standard Dremel, or the top of the
line? What would you do if you had it to do over again? Do I need all the
stuff that comes with the most expensive one, or it just nice to have around
IN CASE I need it? (Like lots of other tools in my shop.)

STeve

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism