Richard Ferguson

Lots of posts, but I will add a little.

Stores do not seem to carry the top of the line Dremel, which has
electronic speed control, and holds it's speed under load.

The mini (1/8 inch chuck) air tools (Dremel equivalent) often turn
50,000 RPM or so, higher than any Dremel. Most of the grinding wheels,
cutoff wheels, etc, are probably not rated for 50,000 RPM, and might
explode.

My favorite bits on a Dremel or a die grinder are carbide burrs, remove
even steel quickly.

I use the 1/4 inch chuck die grinders very often, they are very
impressive, much more powerful than a Dremel. I have a Makita electric
that I love, like an oversized dremel.

Richard

SteveB wrote:
I want a Dremel tool. Should I buy a standard Dremel, or the top of the
line? What would you do if you had it to do over again? Do I need all the
stuff that comes with the most expensive one, or it just nice to have around
IN CASE I need it? (Like lots of other tools in my shop.)

STeve