JM

Lurch wrote:
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:47:16 -0000, "JM" strung
together this:

I was wondering if it would be worthwhile changing the fuses for
MCBs (I've seen them available on TLC), or whether it's better to
get the whole lot changed over for a more modern consumer unit with
room for expansion later.

I'd change the whole lot, the materials will probably cost about the
same but you'll get the addition of RCD protection and a new CU rather
than a wanky old under-rated Wylex one!

Thought that might be the case (i.e. materials cost).

I'm not too worried about cost (although would be interested in
ideas about how much the job would likely cost - I'm in Leeds).

Well, if money's no object then I'll do it for about 4 grand.
Alternatively, to pay an electrician look at around £250-300.

Well, not too worried within reason - I can spare a few hundred quid but not
a few thousand ;-)

John.