Seri

Default SDS - DeWalt or Makita & Difference between SDS & SDS Plus

P.S.
I have been through the Google groups archives and read the various SDS
threads but couldn't find the answers.
I don't deny that I may not have looked hard enough however.

"Seri" wrote in message
So there I am, just about ready to buy a power planer (as asked about in

the
group earlier) when temptation overcomes me and I decide to bite the

bullet
and get an SDS drill whilst I'm at it. I do need one and it will be

getting
a fair ammount or use around the house during my rewire.

After perusing the ScrewFix and Toolstation websites I pretty much have it
down to a choice of two:
Makita 2kg SDS - 780w - 1100rpm - 4500bpm - 2.4kg = £120
DeWalt 2kg SDS Plus - 650w - 1100rpm - 4200bpm - 2.4kg = £110

A few quick questions before I make my choice:
the Makita has a higher rated bpm, but does that actually matter that

much?
the Makita has a higher rated wattage, does that actually matter?
the Makita is listed in the 'SDS Plus' section of the ScrewFix website,

can
I presume that it is 'SDS Plus'?
does 'SDS Plus' matter, or are all SDS drills 'SDS Plus'?
Is the DeWalt brand better than the Makita brand or vice versa?

Sorry to pester the group over this, and any responses are appreciated.

Thanks

Seri