mac davis

Default sorta newbie question on turning small jars/boxes

I've been turning what were called "round boxes" when i learned, and I
think are called jars or covered jars here???

Anyway, it's a hollow shape with a matching/fitting lid, ok?

I've always turned them with a faceplace, but My wife would like
several from some walnut firewood we got from a friend, and they would
roughly 2" or so in diameter...
My question is how do you hold the little buggers??
They're too small to mount on a faceplate and I can't imagine trying
to turn them on a screw center...
I know there has to be an easy way to do thais, any suggestions?