Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Andy Hall writes:
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:18:33 +0000, Dave
wrote:

Thanks, I hadn't realised that some would have an internal trap (I'm
expecting to use a Worcester Greenstar 29HE - unless someone here can
suggest a "better"/cheaper boiler - I see now that it has an internal
trap).
Have you found it useful to be able to see/measure how much condensate?

I wouldn't say that it's necessary as such, but seeing how it varied
with power level and temperature to begin with was interesting.

Agreed. I included a section of clear plastic hose in the
condensate pipework for this purpose. Mine runs into a wash
basin wastepipe, and I fitted a trap with integral air
admitance valve to the washbasin so pressure differentials
in the waste pipe can't suck the integral U-trap in the
boiler dry.

Actually, first time I ran the boiler, I diverted the condensate
waste into a bucket so I could see what sort of volume it
produced. I got half a bucket in about half a day, but it wasn't
a cold day. Still, I saved the energy it would have taken to
boil away at least half a bucket of water (some of the condensate
leaves the flue as fog rather than going down the drain).

--
Andrew Gabriel