Neil Jones

Default Electric shower help please

"Broadback" wrote in message
My daughter has just purchased a house in which the boiler is going to
be replaced for a combi.
After having a combi failure myself I realise that an electric shower

is
beneficial, as you can always keep clean! :-)
There is an electric shower at the moment, but it is pathetic. The

way
the temperature is regulated is by reducing/increasing the rate of

water
flow. As a result to get a nice hot shower the water hardly has the
energy to leave the shower head. Can anyone recommend an electric
shower which will deliver a good hot flow?

TIA
John

This may not be what you want to hear, but in my experience all electric
showers which heat the water instantaneously are disappointing. Water
needs a tremendous amount of energy to heat it up and doing so
electrically in large volumes is not really practical in a dmoestic
situation. It's also more expensive than using gas.

Personally, I'd rather be totally disappointed occasionally (if/when the
combi fails) rather than somewhat disappointed every day.

regards

Neil