T i m

Default 3 phase armoured used for single phase supply?

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:24:23 GMT, (Lurch)
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:51:55 +0000, T i m wrote:

Hi All,

My mate has a tidy roll of what I have now found out is 3 core 2.5mm
armoured cable (wooden drum) but it turns out it's coloured as 3 phase
(ie red / yellow / blue)?

Would it be ok (as per the current regs) if suitably marked, to use
this as a single phase feed to an outbuilding?

I know it would actually 'work' and I'm happy that some green / yellow
sleeving over say the yellow phase would make the earth wire clear,
some black heatsrink over the blue would sort the neutral and the red
is ok anyway?

I just wondered what the rules said?

That's exactly how you do it. For future reference that's the colours
3 core SWA come's in, you don't get single or three phase wiring, it's
all the same.

[T] Ahhhhh ... so he' didn't order the 'wrong stuff' by mistake then?

Cheers fella!

T i m

p.s. When are we going over the blue / brown for fixed wiring .?