mike ring

(Carl) wrote in
om:

It is fully pumped system. I have had a look at the 3 port valve and
the manual open switch is just very loose and after taking the cover
off, it does not do anything if you move the switch. There is also a
paddle position indicator A, B or in the middle (A is cylinder B is
Rads) the paddle remains in the middle position.

Can I repair or do anything to the 3port valve? (by the way it is a
Landis and Staefa MAV-322)

Any help appreciated.

Carl

I don't know the valve, come to that I only know about 2 types.

You may be able to remove the whole actuator, complete with cables, with
a couple of screws, and leave the brass in situ.

If you can do this, operate the valve with pliers to make sure it works.

If so, you may be able to replace the elecrical part (if it's still
current!). Check with a plumbers merchant. I don't know how you would
test the motor, but you can get one for about a tenner if you're up to
replacing it.

If you can't get a new actuator, or you can't separate the actuator from
the valve, you will need a new valve, which these days comes in 2 parts,
the brass bit and the electric bit.

You will need to drain down the system, at least partially, replace the
valve (fortunately they're pretyy interchangeable).

It's not that tough, I had exactly the same prob last year, got the
diagnosis from this group, and replaced the valve in a short morning.

mike