Carl

wrote in message roups.com...
mike ring wrote:
(Carl) wrote in
om:

If it is my 3 port valve (how do I know if I have one)?? How do I
locate it??
etc etc.

Any help appreciated!

Carl

It's between the boiler and the HW cylinder, a T shaped fitting, (3
pipes, 3 ports, geddit)

One pie from the boiler, one to the side of the cylinder, and one

goes
off to the rads.......

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLMP3.html for a picture.

Your accident is not likely to have caused damage, except maybe to

the 3
prt valve, which we suspect anyhow, as the pump and boiler still
function.

The central heating will work, in one scenario, because the cylinder

is
calling for heat, and that fires the boiler and pump regardless, and
takes the CH with it if the room stat is operating, but if *only* the

room stat is calling for heat, the boiler is called indirectly via a
microswitch on the 3 port valve, and this is where the failure is.

Some wiring diagrams here;

http://www.gasman.fsbusiness.co.uk/wiring.htm

Check out Y plan in particular

It's important that you find out if your system is fully pumped, or
gravity HW, for the assembled team of experts ;-) to help.

mike

It is fully pumped system. I have had a look at the 3 port valve and
the manual open switch is just very loose and after taking the cover
off, it does not do anything if you move the switch. There is also a
paddle position indicator A, B or in the middle (A is cylinder B is
Rads) the paddle remains in the middle position.

Can I repair or do anything to the 3port valve? (by the way it is a
Landis and Staefa MAV-322)

Any help appreciated.

Carl