Carl

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message o.uk...
"mike ring" wrote in message
52.50...
(Carl) wrote in
om:

Hi all, I am deperate for some help - my controller for my CH and HW
was damaged during some building works. I have bought an identical
controller and fitted exactly as it was but it will only turn on the
boiler for HW.

If I bypass the controller and connect the HW wire and CH wire to the
live - I have both HW and CH fine. But if I connect just the CH to
the live I get nothing??

Any help - I am stuck here!!!

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a problem with the 3 port valve, if that's what you've got.

It could be. It could also be a gravity fed HW system with the new
programmer set to fully pumped not gravity settings.

Adam

The system is a pumped system (well I assume so, as the old
timer/controller was set to pumped and worked fine) One thing I
forgot to mention - when I originally connected the old controller
back on. I accidentally put two of the live feeds together with the CH
wire, this caused the breaker to trip - but could this of caused
damage further up (in the boiler somewhere??) If so- why would the CH
work (albeit only with the HW)???

If it is my 3 port valve (how do I know if I have one)?? How do I
locate it??
etc etc.

Any help appreciated!

Carl