Lobster

"Hugo Nebula" abuse@localhost wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:29:00 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named
"Lobster" randomly hit the keyboard
and produced:

My BCO did insist on skimming as well as two thicknesses of
plasterboard...
I'm not saying that she was correct and you're not! but just adding my
experience.

What thickness of p/bd did you use? For 30 minutes fire resistance, a
stud wall needs 2 layers of 12.5mm p/bd. If you've only used 2*9.5mm,
then a good thick skim coat will be needed.

It was definitely 2 x 12.5mm; but having said that I don't know (or recall)
what duration of fire resistance I was supposed to be going for - I was just
told that two layers of pb + skim was what was needed. Presumably the
required duration depends on the job? Mine was for boxing to protect waste
pipes passing between two adjacent properties, as I couldn't source small
enough intumescent collars, and needed the boxing anyway.

David