Zach Zaborny

Default Panasonic CT-20G3W1 Vert. Deflection Problem

Hello, I have acquired a television set, a Panasonic CT-20G3W1, which
"randomly" scrunches up the image about 1.5" vertically. Usually it takes a
while after the unit is powered up for it to actually happen, but when it is
happening it fluctuates sometimes back to normal for a little while. I am no
TV repair man, but from reading about TV repair, I think it is the vertical
deflection power amplifier. Before I replace that, I was wondering if a bad
electrolytic in the vert. deflection circuit could case it. I found one
short one nearby, a 1000uf 25V one, and replaced that, it seemed to help a
bit. There are 4 other capacitors, 4.7uf 16v, 100uf 25v, 470uf 35v, and
2.2uf 50v nearby, but they are not so easy to reach but I can replace them
if it will help.

The actual vert. deflection IC is a SIP package LA7837, and I have access to
a store that sells them if it is needed.

Any ideas?

-Zach