Slowhand

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 21:17:25 +1100, "Pat"
calmly ranted:

Hi,
can anyone give me a formula to do deck/patio stairs in metric.

25.4mm = 1"

Nexxxxxxxxxxxxxxt!

3.28084 feet per meter? When I was 15, dad was a partner with another
contractor on a dam in Oklahoma. It was also the first federal job that
President Reagan had decided to make a metric job to get everyone used to
the forthcoming transition g. Guess what my job was my first summer
there. Converting the metric measurements on the plans into standard so dad
didn't have to think so much! That is a number I will never forget.
Fortunately the next summer I got to go out in the field and bust my butt in
the sweltering heat.
SH - the "I've done my time" woodworker