Upscale

"Silvan" wrote in message
OTOH, if I'm hurt badly enough to go to the hospital, usually I just
turn real quiet, get pale, and politely ask someone to give me a lift.
Odd how the little stuff that doesn't matter much seems to **** a guy
off so much more than the stuff that is actually a big deal!

I'm the same way. A number of years ago when I broke both legs and as I was
sitting in the hospital waiting for a room, a number of nurses came up to me
commenting that I was white as a sheet. I had to actually talk a doctor out
of trying to run some tests for anaemia. And it was a waste of time cursing
or swearing because it would only have amplified the pain I was in, so I
just sat there and suffered in silence. What else can you do?