AJS

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:U48sd.187172$G15.141109@fed1read03...
I want a Dremel tool. Should I buy a standard Dremel, or the top of the
line? What would you do if you had it to do over again? Do I need all the
stuff that comes with the most expensive one, or it just nice to have
around IN CASE I need it? (Like lots of other tools in my shop.)

A friend of mine bought one recently and was not impressed. First one blew
the motor in a few days and the replacement/repair jobs have been pathetic.
The current one has a large amount of run out and is basically useless for
the purpose he bought it. I bought three different cheap ones (I was
intending to buy the Dremel but after his experience I changed my mind) and
each of them is better than the Dremel. Each of these was under $30 AU. Two
of which came with the bendy drive. VERY impressed with them.

AJS