Doug Miller

In article , igor wrote:

Doug is absolutely correct in his posts on this, IME. In fact consider
that if someone wanted a "group" of outlets in one box from two circuits,
12/3 would be the safest way to do it (with all Doug's caveats about the
breakers). (It may be required under the NEC to have all hot wires within
a box controlled by the same breaker, or paired breakers, but I have
unfortunately encountered boxes that are hot from separate breakers.) It
is common in my non-pro experience to use 12/3 to run series of outlets
along a counter, switching circuits back and forth along the way. For
example, in a kitchen. -- Igor

The NEC requires that all ungrounded conductors be capable of being
disconnected simultaneously by a single disconnecting means. A single,
two-pole breaker is by far the easiest way of achieving this, but it isn't the
only method that complies with that requirement. E.g. two widely separated
single-pole breakers, connected with a rigid handle tie, would satisfy.

--
Regards,