Leo Lichtman

"Mike Henry" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:U48sd.187172$G15.141109@fed1read03...
I want a Dremel tool. Should I buy a standard Dremel, or the top of the
line? What would you do if you had it to do over again? Do I need all
the stuff that comes with the most expensive one, or it just nice to have
around IN CASE I need it? (Like lots of other tools in my shop.)

For work at the bench, I use a Foredom tool with a foot switch. (clip)
That's a lot more expensive and a lot better than a Dremel. I found a
Proxxon on sale, which I like very much. Even on sale it costs more than a
Dremel, but less than a Foredom.

The feature of Proxxon which I particularly like is the chuck. It's like a
tiny Jacobs chuck, so you are not forever changing collets.