Edwin Pawlowski

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
4. Is it feasible both economically and from time perspective trying to do
some of foundation work myself? Could you advise me if any of the
following foundation tasks I can do myself or I should forget about them
and leave them to pro:

- building footing forms and put rebar in them

- renting gas powered concrete mixer or get ready mixed concrete and build
footings myself

- building foundation walls using cinder blocks

For any quantity of concrete don't even think about mixing it yourself. It
is not just the backbreaking work, it is the quality, consistancy, and time
do do it in batches when a pour should be continuous.

There are alternatives to block and the usual plywood form. Look into using
insulating concrete forms (ICFs) for at least he foundation if nt for the
entire wall. It can be done yourself. Check out www.polysteel.com
www.integraspec.com www.reddiform.com www.standardicf.com

Be sure to get up to speed on all the newer engineered wood products
available. Not to mention al hte ohter building materials that simplify
building.
Ed