Doug White

I want a Dremel tool. Should I buy a standard Dremel, or the top of the
line? What would you do if you had it to do over again? Do I need all the
stuff that comes with the most expensive one, or it just nice to have around
IN CASE I need it? (Like lots of other tools in my shop.)

The most useful setup is no longer available, so you have to compromise.
The ideal Dremel is a ball-bearing FIXED speed model, and then use it
with the foot pedal speed control. The foot pedal is incredibly useful,
but it won't work well with the variable speed models. At this time, I
don't think you can get fixed speed models with the better bearings, but
I'd rather have sleeve bearings than give up on the foot pedal. I've
complained to Dremel about this, but as far as I know, they haven't done
anything about it.

I'd go ahead & get a full kit. You never know which bits you'll need.
The router & drill press attachments are also handy, but the current
drill press is a bit sloppy. It tends to wobble from side to side as you
lower the tool, which is a no-no if you are drilling with tiny carbide
bits.

Doug White