Ian Stirling

SteveB wrote:
I want a Dremel tool. Should I buy a standard Dremel, or the top of the
line? What would you do if you had it to do over again? Do I need all the
stuff that comes with the most expensive one, or it just nice to have around
IN CASE I need it? (Like lots of other tools in my shop.)

You almost certainly won't need all the stuff.
However, having the big case of stuff is really handy in finding which
stuff you do need, and which just won't work for a given job.
The two-speed model isn't that much worse than the 5-speed one, but
occasionally you can want an intermediate speed.

You probably don't want a rechargable tool for your first dremel.
Some bits are surprisingly useful, for example the sanding drums are great
at removing quite gently layers of paint over even quite large areas.

And some are not nearly as handy as you might think.