the rails are out because I have already glued up the sides/tops and
installed the back ;-) I suppose I could route a groove but it would
be offset from the back by the router baseplate.

it's a very basic bookshelf, 48 high, 36 wide, 9 deep

from 2x pine building lumber, but selected for clear stock

basically it was a honey-do project that I chose to try out my biscuit
jointer, bandsaw (to resaw some parts), and router.

I resawed some 2x4s to get clear stock for the overhaning top and the
trim at the base.

So in light of "exploration", I'm looking for some interesting options
to support the shelves.

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:24:07 GMT, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
for a bookshelf, anyone have an opinion on which type of adjustable
shelf support to use?

The metal rail with clip is out of the question for this project.

I generally use the slotted metal rails that I put into a routed channel,
but if this is what you're say will not work, then how about a little more
information. A better description of the project would be helpful, as would
the reasons why various solutions would be inappropriate.