AAvK

Any thoughts?
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

I have read in these NGs (somewhere, sometime recently) that the Delta tools
are "for crap" (for lack of the original quote). I would get the bed extension
and buy the highly praised HSS Harbor Freight tool set of 8 for $35.99 (Or
another mini set, easily seen for $30). If you ever return the lathe they might
demand the bed extention, and if they do not then it won't hurt to have it and
sell it on eBay, you'll still have the good tools for use with another lathe. Not
intended as "my plan for your future", but it is what I would do. Many others
here would happily suggest the Jet mini lathe as a worthy and high quality starter.

Alex