Eunoia Eigensinn

Doug Miller wrote:
In article .com,

"Eunoia Eigensinn" wrote:

Mikhael47 wrote:
[snip]
I also have a breaker on this circuit. I may just
swap it out for a GFCI breaker instead.

Mike

Mike;

That may not be a good idea.

I have GFI breakers at the panel for all of my outdoor circuits and
interior circuits like those to bathroom & kitchen outlets.

But I also have GFI outlet receptacles installed.

A pointless waste of time and money, as those circuits _already_have_

ground
fault protection from the GFI breakers. What do you suppose the GFI
receptacles provide, that the GFI breakers do not?

The GFI breakers protect the wiring but will not do much to prevent
someone from being electrocuted at the point of use.

Half right, anyway: GFI breakers do protect the wiring. But they also

provide
ground-fault protection against electrocution.

Think about it for just two seconds: you described accurately the

behavior of
a *standard* (non-GFI) breaker. Now how might a GFI breaker behave
differently?

Hint: what do the letters GFI stand for?

Do some Googling on the subject and you should find an authoritative
explanation.

You seem to be in need of one yourself...

Actually, you would benefit from your own advice: Think about it.

For instance, it's not unreasonable for an outdoor receptacle point of
use to be 100 ft from the breaker panel.
I'll leave you to take it from there.