Mikhael47

"Eunoia Eigensinn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mik;

I'm not an electrician, but have done house wiring more than a few
times, including my own home. I've never had a GFI receptacle fail in
almost 20 years of their having been installed in my home.

One failure of a receptable might constitute a faulty unit. Failures of
two would be incredible odds.

Any more than than one and I would tend to suspect that the wiring was
done improperly.

ie Undersized wire overloaded circuit, improperly designed circuits.

Yes, I've checked all that. I have other GFCI's that are wired identically.
I have not checked for rodent/insect damage yet this time, however, last
time it seemed fine. I also have a breaker on this circuit. I may just
swap it out for a GFCI breaker instead.

Mike