Terry

"Roger" wrote in message
news:J5ord.497162$D%.235089@attbi_s51...
You might try rec.gardens, too.

wrote in message ...
Part of my yard is a downhill slope toward the house.
For years grass grew there. It died a year or so ago. I planted more
(via seed). It died again this summer (area is under a tree)
Now I am looking for something to throw on the bare ground to stop soil
from washing down onto driveway. Suggestions (from experience please).

LB

Similar problem here although area is level. Trees planted as seedlings are
now 30 years old.
Depending on your climate try clover; or even a good layer of moss which
seems to grow well under our maple amd beech trees!
IIRC Clover also helps replenish nitrogen in soil? But local advice prob
best idea.