DanG

Look at these:
http://www.sylvanproducts.com/produc...dware.html?o=/

I use them on concrete chamfer strip. Clean precise cuts. Great
tool.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"J T" wrote in message
Mon, Nov 29, 2004, 8:08pm (EST-3)

(ississauga)
who wonderingly asks:
I install a large amount of quarter round in customers' homes
and being
wondering if there is a faster tool to cut the angles. I now use
either
a power mitre saw or the mitre box & hand saw combination. Is
there any
special power tool to cut these angles?

Yeah. It's called a power mitre saw. Compound angle.

Faster tool? It would appear you seem to have left out
some
details, because I don't understand your question as asked. I
would
think a power mitre saw would be about as fast as you could get,
and
still make accurate cuts. Of course, I would say a hatchet
would be
faster - albeit, not quite as accurate.

Are you cutting different angles, and having to change the
settings
on your mitre saw? The time it takes slowing you down? Or
what?
Inquiring minds want to know.

If it's the time changing angles, one solution would be two,
or
more, power mitre saws, each set at a different angle.

But, now I'm curious. If you are installing quarter round
in
customer homes, it would seem you do it for a living, or at
least
remuneration. How long have you been doing it?

JOAT
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind
dont
matter, and those who matter dont mind.
- Dr Seuss