Gunner

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:31:37 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 07:23:15 GMT, Gunner
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

You apparently don't get it.

Get what?

Read John Le Carre's book "The Secret Pilgrim", and the chapter about
Britta (sp?), the German IRA (or insert (pun intended) whatever else
you want) "lady".

How about simply giving me the Cliff Notes version. Ive little time to
look up obscure tracts. Im trying to make a living.

I just looked up a few book reviews, and I still dont have a clue as
to what you are going on about.

If you dont like my conclusions on the reality of the matter..then so
be it. As I said..I most sincerly hope that we dont reach that
threshold, we already have a full plate with Militant Islam, but the
patience towards many things is running thin on both sides.

Shrug.

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism