Gunner

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:10:51 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:14:02 GMT, Gunner
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

I am trying to start not KFing you again Gunner, because you have laid
off the _posted_ rants. But if you keep slipping the sort of **** you
quote below in, I find it very hard.

I do not agree with what I _think_ the below is trying to say (I am
not quite sure) but whatever, it has annoying logic holes in it, as is
so often the case in situations where people "talk politely and try to
work out a solution to problems".

Its a sig. A quote or statement from someone else that the poster
considers to be of import, or of humor or of some other significance.
In this particular quote from Mr. Swarze..I believe there to be a
rather large grain of truth. Boulder sized in fact. Take it as you
wish.

As has been noted many times recently before and after the just
completed election..the country is in a cusp period, with a very very
very wide ideological divide between two segments of society.

One side is still refusing to believe that their ideological control
of the nation has slipped away from them. The other side took control
as they had finally had enough of the actions and ideology of the
other side. Shrug..so the Left side and its ideologs still continue
to push, push push and in their desperation, are becoming more and
more agressive and militant. A good case in point would be the ELF.
They have a long history of arson, vandalism and murder. Their
slightly more moderate ideological bretheran have largely been giving
them a pass, or even tacit approval. The ELFs actions are becoming
more and more desperate, and they will sooner or later step completly
over the edge. They will then reap what they have sown as those who
have been their victims crush them. It may indeed be from the roof
tops and it may be organizations other than the ELF...but that day is
likely not too far in the future. Shrug. We can only hope it never
happens, but frankly..some folks cannot be negotiated with and I dont
hold out much hope that they will moderate their stances or agendas or
actions, and for that..they will likely die.

We do live in "interesting times"

Gunner

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism