B.B.

In article .com,
wrote:

Any idea on what I can do about people driving too fast and sliding
around a curve landing in my front yard? The speedlimit is 35 but they
drive about 60. I got home to find huge ruts in my yard the other day.

I have talked to the county executive , judge madjestrate, highway
department. I have written letters and attached photos.

I was thinking of putting a fence up using 6x6 posts in concrete but
wondered if somehow someone would try to sue me if they got hurt.

I have a daughter and a son on the way and their bedroom faces the
road. I am scared to death someone is going to end up in my house!

I can attach pictures if that helps. I am just so fed up right now I
dont know what to do.

You could do a "volleyball pit" by the edge of the road. Won't
really trap cars that get in it too effectively, but it'll slow 'em down
very quickly and it's easy to repair. Even if you let it grow over with
grass it will probably still work.
A rock garden with lots of gravel and a few big rocks would probably
work too and you could make it look nice.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/