jerry_tig2003

Gunner wrote in message . ..
I purchased a pound of AL435 aluminum stick welding rod a couple of
weeks ago, just to futz around with. Today I got it out and played
with it.

The stuff WORKS. Rather amazing how well it works. But damn it burns
fast.

Come back in a month, will you? The stuff works, but the rods do not
keep when the pack is open. They are very sensitive to humidity.

It also helps a lot if you pre-heat the workpieces.

For those of you who do not have a TIG machine and need to weld up
aluminum, all you need for rough welding, is a DC welding machine .
Ill be using more of this stuff in the future. At 50 amps for the
smaller rod, this stuff could be used by somone with one of the cheapy
Harbor Freight machines, as long as it has DC. I didnt think to try it
with AC, but I will. The data sheet spec'd DC Positive, so thats
what I ran.

The ideal machine for those rods is one of those cheapies lunchbox
sized inverters. They work in DC.