Ed Huntress

"The Watcher" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:42:42 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

wrote:

(snip)
It doesn't make me the least bit uncomfortable.

Yeah, right. That's why you have no problem quoting the first part of the

2nd
Amendment, as if it's the ONLY part of the 2nd Amendment that matters,

then
somehow conveniently forget to finish posting the rest of it- that damned
"inconvenient" part that says "the right OF THE PEOPLE to keep and bear

arms,
shall not be infringed."

Easy there, Watcher. You're getting yourself all worked up over nothing. If
it eases your mind, I'll tell you exactly what I think the independent
clause of the 2nd Amendment means. It means that the federal government
shall not interfere with the right of any people in the US to own or to bear
firearms.

Now, let's turn it around. What do you think the *first* part of that
sentence means, and what relation does it have to the second part?

Ed Huntress