Blackout

"Andrew H. Wakefield" wrote in message
Gunner, what thickness is the rod you are using? I haven't ever tried to
buy
AL rod -- I assume that the "435" designates something about the alloy --
??

Let us know what happens when you try it using AC.

how about some pictures instead?

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/_2002_retired_files/

aluminum-truck-abortion1.JPG
aluminum-truck-abortion2.JPG
aluminum-truck-abortion3.JPG
aluminum-truck-abortion4.JPG

this is an 18 wheel truck a guy drove by fully loaded with gravel for me to
"fix up temporarily" for him. They had attempted to "repair" it before they
came over and "something" had gone wrong. I don't know for sure if it was AC
or DC, my guess is whatever ****s it up worse than any other method is the
process they went with out of pure primal instinct.

no, I didn't fix it. yes, I didn't even try. yes, I did call DPS on them for
driving it off after I told them to park it before they killed somebody.