Vaughn

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Any idea on what I can do about people driving too fast and sliding
around a curve landing in my front yard? The speedlimit is 35 but they
drive about 60. I got home to find huge ruts in my yard the other day.

Where are you?
The technical answer is trivial - a really huge wall.
The legal answe may be more complex.

Actually, the technical and legal answers are exactly the same, use
standard guard rail with standard mounting poles and all standard hardware. It
will protect you and your family without unduly endangering the people who
accidently plow into it. You could possibly hide it behind a hedge for
esthetics. If you can't get the local government to do the job, install it on
your own property at your own expense, and then bill the driver's insurance
company every time it gets hit and needs repair, (just like the government
does).

Vaughn