Richard Clements

Sandman wrote:

In article ,
DamnYankee wrote:

toller wrote:

Hey, I have several Ryobi tools and they are a good value, but they are
pretty feeble.

I have seen an old 15a variable speed router at an estate sale, and
wonder if they used to make better tool, or if they have always been
junk.

I am using a Bosch 1617evs with broken switch in my router table. It
works
fine, but occassionally I wish I had more power. I don't need another
router, as I have two more 1617 without broken switchs, so if the Ryobi
is no good I sure don't need it in my table, regardless of price.
Whatcha think?

According to the guys at Sears Hardware, Crapsman power tools are
actually Ryobi incognito - so that should tell ya somethin'...

I prefer Milwaukee & Porter Cable mahself...

Royobi Corp has bought Milwaukee. I shudder at the future.

Rob

I love my Royobi ROS but it's the only Royobi I own, it preforms every bit
as good as my friends Dewalt, I've used it fairly heavily for 2-3 years
and at $20 (it was a refurb) how may years would the Dewalt have to last to
make up the price diff?