On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:26:49 -0800, David Weinshenker

He isn't a metalworker, he's a butcher

Is that supposed to be a reference to his
question of using a router to cut aluminum?

One, the other is that he usually never posts anything except to "OT"
postings. He might as well state "I know nothing."

Dude, that's nothing.

There is a little difference between a handheld makita, which are
rather weak to begin with, and a heavy duty router. Things can go bad
working metal very rapidly, the difference between a cutter that's
clear and cutting freely and one that's plugged and very dangerous is
only a split second. Once it plugs, and aluminum plugs cutters all
too easily, and it grabs, the only thing you have time to do is watch
it rip into things you don't want it to.

It's always the guy that says he's being careful, "it won't happen to
me", that shows up in the emergency room with a need for stitches, or
worse. When it does, I have no sympathy for them. Stupidity is it's
own reward.