Gunner

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 05:24:06 GMT, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Gunner -

Get a swamp cooler pump. Sits on the bottom and pumps !

Based on my experience with them here in the desert..Id have to
estimate head pressure to max out at about 15lbs at most.

I need to push at minimum, 1 gallon a minute down 50' of 1/8" ID hose
and the internal cooling structure of the torch head itself and back
to the recirculation tank. 25' each way in a hose that may well be
subject to the occasional tight bend.

Gunner

Martin
Gunner wrote:

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 06:05:44 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

Just sticking my head in here, but how about one of those fountain pumps
you can get at the hardware store? Cheap, meant to run continuously,
although the head (pressure) isn't that much.

Thats the problem, they need at least 40 psi to push enough water down
those skinny hoses and back out again.

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
news | I need a small water pump for hooking up a TIG torch. Ive got a big
| chiller, but its about 5 gallons a minute and the size of a dorm
| refridgerator..
|
| I need a 24VAC or 110 or 220 1ph pump that will push all of 1 gpm at
| 40+ psi
|
| I was given one of the Lincoln Magnum coolant units that sits on the
| top of the welder, but the pump motor is toast and Lincoln wants $280
| for a new motor (!)
|
| The pump that is in there now (and missing some pieces) is a ShurFlo
| 8004-251-227. 24vac, 1.2gph at 75 psi.
|
| This I believe is a diaphram pump with a bypass.
|
| I found Shurflos website and they want about $165 for a similar pump
| unit..not in the cards....
|
| Any surplus sources for small pumps like this? Id guess it needs to
| have a bypass ?
|
| Thanks
|
| Gunner
|

| "If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third
| hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're
| around."
|
| "Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right
| before demode` (out of fashion).
| -Buddy Jordan 2001

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore-
Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit whore
George Bush has just won another four.
Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes