David Weinshenker

He isn't a metalworker, he's a butcher

Is that supposed to be a reference to his
question of using a router to cut aluminum?

Dude, that's nothing.

I've carved aluminum with a Rotozip drywall bit
in a hand-held Makita die grinder... it takes a
steady grip, and it's not quite as easy as doing
it with thin birch-ply, G-10 fiberglass laminate,
or phenolic airframe tubing (on which materials
this is my preferred technique for hand-shaping)
but it's certainly feasible!

(Use the 1/8" crosshatch bits for this... the
"spiral saw" bits would undoubtedly be harder
to control, and the 1/4" crosshatch bits tend
to chatter and break when used freehand.)

-dave w