Mortimer Schnerd, RN

RMeyer1 wrote:
I have an old Craftsman 10 inch contractor tablesaw which I want to hook up to
my PennState Dust collector 1250CMF. I have a large plastic 4" collector pan
that will sit under the saw to collect dust. Do I need to block off air entry
into the open back of the saw? I imagine it will not work unless I do. What
say you?

I have a similar situation: a Ridgid contractor's saw and a Penn State DC.
Blocking it off will make it more effective but what is really the cat's meow is
to add an overhead guard. I've got Penn State's version but Excalibur makes one
also. You would not believe how little gets away now. If I had done this
earlier, I could have saved the money of an air cleaner (which is hanging from
the ceiling and is seldom needed).

If you don't have a cyclone yet be sure to add one. For the relatively few
bucks it costs, you'll save your impellor blades on the DC from wood chips.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN