Edwin Pawlowski

"RMeyer1" wrote in message
I have an old Craftsman 10 inch contractor tablesaw which I want to hook up
my PennState Dust collector 1250CMF. I have a large plastic 4" collector
pan
that will sit under the saw to collect dust. Do I need to block off air
entry
into the open back of the saw? I imagine it will not work unless I do.
What say
you?

You can partially block the back. On my Delta, I cut a piece of `1/4"
plywood and made notches for the belt and motor bracket. It is leld on with
a couple of screws and four rare earth magnets. The top couple of inches is
open.

While you want to block off some of the openings, you still need air flow
for the DC to suck anything through it.