J. Mark Wolf J. Mark Wolf is offline
Junior Member

Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Default Need parts for old Delta Milwaukee lathe

I have an old Delta-Milwaukee wood lathe, serial number 27-274, that I inherited from my dad. Don't know how old it is, but it is one of my earliest memories as a child and I'm pushing 50. It didn't get much use as I recall, and is still in good physical and working condition. I recently changed out the belts which I assume were as old as me.

It has a Delta Milwaukee cross-slide compound which I use for the occasional turning of aluminum parts. I can find no identifying marks on the compound at all.

I recently noticed noticed that it was making poor cuts, and the tool was "diving" in to the work. I investigated and found that the brass Acme lead screw nut on one of the axiis was not only loose, but is quite worn as well.

Can anyone on the forum refer me to a source of data and parts on these old lathes and accessories? The local shop basically said "good luck".