Ed Sirett

Default Gas fires and ventilation

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:09:52 +0000, John Andrews wrote:

Hello
Can anyone tell me what the ventialtion requirements are for
installaing a gas fire on a bedroom (and is it different from any
other room)?

It is certinaly different, in fact I went to do a "landlords'" about 15
months ago where they had put a bed into the living room so I ticketed
the gas fire 'for being the wrong type of appliance for the location
(bedroom)'.

Off the top of my head.
I think there is an absolute limit of 14kW for the appliance.

Any open flued appliance _must_ incorporate an atmospheric safety
device when used in the bedroom. The devices are known variously as
ADS (Atmospheric Sensing Sevices).
ODS (Oxygen Depletion Sensor).
Oxy-pilot.
Vitiation sensor.