I-zheet M'drurz

David Combs wrote:

Just checking:

If a woman, say, washes her hair in the kitchen sink,
I'd assume that whatever hair (falls out and) goes down the drain
*does* get chopped-up by the disposall.

(and thus have less chance of fouling the exit pipe, etc.)

But I ask just in case I'm totally wrong, that, say, hair
is so thin that it just slips past the blades, whole, and
clogs pipes just as it would in a shower that had no special
hair-catching thing over the drain.

Just in case you need to hear it again: Don't do that! g

Disposals don't handle long skinny stuff well. Do you ever
frequent bars? If so, you probably know what a "Sip-stix" is.
The (dead serious) advice in their restaurant kitchen is that
the disposal can and will digest a small animal if given the
chance, but will choke on a few dozen of those little red
plastic buggers. The waitresses toss 'em when they empty
the drink glasses, our dishwashers fish them out of the mix
before it hits the drain. The owner just hates wearing that
plumber's hat.

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.