Dugie

From the replies, it seems the safest place for "a woman, say" to wash her hair would be the shower or tub. :-)

- Dugie

"mwlogs" wrote in message ...
A lot of people think a disposal 'purée' the food that goes down the drain.
In fact, most do little more than what might be done by putting the same
food in a blender for about 10 seconds. Unlike a blender that will continue
working on the same food for as long as you let it run, food down the
disposal washes on down the drain as soon as it will slip past the grinding
blades. It is rarely any finer than perhaps cole slaw.

Human hair will act about the same as the 'hair' in a banana peal or
celery - it will wind around whatever parts it can and eventually clog.

Best advice, use a strainer and catch the hair before it gets down the drain
at all. Good advice for a kitchen sink, or the bathtub.

"David Combs" wrote in message
Just checking:

If a woman, say, washes her hair in the kitchen sink,
I'd assume that whatever hair (falls out and) goes down the drain
*does* get chopped-up by the disposall.

(and thus have less chance of fouling the exit pipe, etc.)

But I ask just in case I'm totally wrong, that, say, hair
is so thin that it just slips past the blades, whole, and
clogs pipes just as it would in a shower that had no special
hair-catching thing over the drain.

Thanks,

David