berkshire bill

"Dan" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 02:09:07 -0600, wrote:

Is it legal according to the NEC to run a green wire of the same gauge
along side of the old romex that had no ground wire, and wire it to
the panel and outlet box? (I know local code might differ). I am
just asking because I want to move my computer and there is only 2
wire (no ground) romex going to that outlet. I would change the
romex, except that it's stapled inside the wall, and I am not tearing
open the wall. However, I think I can fish a #12 green wire up there.

I dont have the NEC book. Does anyone know?

Thanks

T-Pot

It used to be legal, isn't anymore. That said, I think I would do
that or at least run to a nearby metal water pipe in order to provide
protection to electronic equipment. I am a code inspector but I still
have a little room in my head for common sense!

Dan

See this discussion:
http://electrical-contractor.net/ubb...ML/003159.html

Bill